Probably, there is no need to tell that breastfeeding mothers have to put the baby to the breast very often. It is also obvious that breastfeeding is a long and sometimes tiring process. Therefore, the opportunity to expose the breast without attracting undue attention is very important. Manufacturers of clothes for mothers perfectly understand these needs and constantly try to invent new types of “feeding” secrets. Today we will talk about nursing tank tops and their advantages for breastfeeding women.
Are Nursing Clothes Necessary?
The most important advantage of nursing clothes is the ability to make the process of feeding your baby invisible to others.
Clothes for feeding are convenient for use at home when relatives or friends have visited you, and in any public place: for a walk in a park, in a children’s hospital, in a café, in any place where it is needed.
Another advantage of clothes for nursing mothers is that you can wear them after the end of the period of breastfeeding. After all, in appearance, such clothes almost don’t differ from ordinary ones and only a person familiar with clothes for feeding can assume that it conceals secrets for breastfeeding.
Nursing Tank Tops and T-shirts
Women during pregnancy and during breastfeeding period want to have comfort in everything. That’s why more often they begin to pay attention to tank tops, and t-shirts for pregnant and nursing women. These models are designed in such a way that they can be worn both under clothes instead of underwear and as an independent element of outerwear.
Nursing tank tops and t-shirt support the breast and abdomen. Nursing tank tops with a built-in bra are soft and support the breast without squeezing it thanks to the elastic material. At the same time, thanks to the design of such nursing clothes, it is possible to easily switch to the feeding process.
Universal supportive nursing tank tops and t-shirts are made of the material with the maximum content of high-quality cotton. They ensure the creation of optimal conditions for moisture and air exchange for sensitive skin. All these models are designed taking into account that it is beneficial to affect the growing breasts and growing abdomen. Special rubber bands on the bottom of the product do not allow it to roll down and wrap around, exposing the rounded tummy. Nursing tank tops and t-shirts are easily washed and even after many washings are not stretched and do not lose their appearance.
Advantages of Nursing Tank Tops
Until recently, women who became mothers often faced the problem of the inability to breastfeed a child in a public place. But today everything has changed due to the appearance in the stores of tops and shirts for feeding. Their advantages are obvious:
- You can breastfeed the baby anywhere, without disturbing people around you and embarrassing yourself;
- The opportunity to feed the child at the first demand. There is no need to sterilize and carry bottles;
- Nursing tank tops perform another important function – they support the breast, not allowing the appearance of stretch marks;
- Natural fabric protects from the appearance of allergies. You can even find on sale t-shirts containing copper threads with silver plating, which have an excellent antibacterial effect.
- Nursing tank tops are very similar to regular ones. They just have small slits in the chest area that are neatly hidden behind the folds and completely invisible. You can also find models with a detachable cup. It is worth trying on both options – choose the one that suits you best.
Thus, nursing clothes have another important advantage for a woman – they are attractive on the outside and fit well into the usual wardrobe. Nursing tank tops, bras and other types of breastfeeding clothes are very comfortable and suitable for use at any time of the year.
How to Choose a Nursing Tank Top?
When buying a nursing tank top, you need to take into account the characteristics of your body. Experts do not recommend buying this product in advance because the size of the breast after the birth of the child can change. Quality nursing tank tops and t-shirts do not have rough seams. They are made of delicate cotton, sometimes with a small addition of synthetics in order for the clothes to stretch better and fit perfectly.
Before buying a nursing tank top, it is necessary to it try on and evaluate the supporting effect. In fact, you should feel a greater density of the fabric under the breast and on the back. But in no case should your sensations be like squeezing.
When you pick your nursing top, make sure that it is:
- Not transparent, the fabric is not too thin.
- Not too tight.
- In light colors or patterns if you plan to use it somewhere where you don’t feel like showing up spit ups.
- Easy to use for breastfeeding.
- Works well together with your nursing bra – or as a nursing bra, with enough support, if the tank top has a built-in nursing bra.
- Covers your post-pregnancy belly if you want it to.
Functional Features of Nursing Tank Tops
- Perfect fit.
- The silky elastic fabric of the top perfectly adapts to changing sizes of the breast, without losing the form.
- Gentle support.
- Seamless inserts gently support your breasts.
- Feminine design.
Nursing tank tops with a sewn-in nursing bra can be worn under clothing or separately. So, you will not have any problems with feeding, and will also look great.
Seamless Nursing Tank Tops
The ideal nursing bra is usually built in into a nursing tank top.
Seamless nursing tank tops create comfort, warmth and nice silhouette in combination with the support and functionality of the bra for feeding. Neither cool weather nor curious glances will interfere with the breastfeeding process. Seamless nursing tank tops are warm and comfortable. What’s more, you will look great and will be able to feed the baby at any time without attracting unnecessary attention.
Convenience: Can be worn as ordinary clothes or underwear.
Feeding: Simple clip opening and closing with one hand.
Comfort: When feeding in a public place, you can expose your breast just as much as necessary.
Support: Gently supports the breast.