Bottle warmers are very safe and convenient devices that are necessary for a parent to have.
The reason for using them is because there are times the mother may not be around and the baby will need to take some milk. The mother can express the milk in the feeding bottle and put it in the bottle warmer for use.
It’s always a right norm to invest in a good warmer that is available and that that one will be comfortable with at all times. It circulates the heat all over the feeding bottle such that the temperature is even and does not form any clogs in the mixing of the milk.
However, it is recommendable for the mother to shake the feeding bottle and check the temperature before feeding the baby.
Among the bottle warmers, types that are available mostly on Amazon include the Philips Avent bottle warmer, The Munchkin Speed, Tommee Tippee Travel and the like.
Researchers found that the most recommended bottle warmer is the Philips Avent Bottle warmer subject to the preferences of the user.
When taken care of it is safe because of the below-outlined factors:
- They are light and one is able to travel with them at any place with convenience. They also depend on the type because some may be battery operated while others have an outlet for charging it. One is also able to regulate the temperature such that the baby’s milk will remain constant.
- They maintain the nutrients in the milk, and therefore the baby will consume the required nutrients as compared with the use of the microwave to warm.
- While traveling, this is a very convenient storage item and as such the milk will not be contaminated in any way.
- Bottle warmers maintain the warmth of the milk at a constant temperature for an extended period and will reduce any inconveniences for both the mother and the baby. However, they still have limitations if not well taken care of which include melting of the bottle due to high temperatures.
- It is a quicker way of warming up the baby’s milk and will be fed in good time wherever you may be. If it happens to be at night, it reduces making trips of going to the kitchen to warm up the milk because you just place it next to you.
To ensure the safety of bottle warmers, one should adhere to the following precautions:
- Always take charge when operating the warmer and especially when there are children around.
- The warmer should always have hot water when using it and when emptying, avoid any splashing of the water to prevent any burns.
- Before giving the baby the milk, always ensure that it has the right temperature. The bottle warmer’s cord should not be near the reach of the baby.
- While not in use its good to always disconnect the electrical sockets and appliances to avoid any electric shocks or burning the warmer because of carelessness.
- In case the bottle warmers plug has been damaged, replace it immediately and ensure that they are purchased from a reputable seller.
In using the bottle warmers, one reduces the stress of waking up at night to heat the milk for the baby who has woken up crying uncontrollably by using a fantastic bottle warmer or even fear of traveling with the baby and giving him cold drinks which are not recommended.
When using this device, one gets addicted to it such that there is nothing else better you can use that the bottle warmer.
It a becomes the safest and also a healthy way to keep the baby’s milk.
This post is written by healthybabyhappyearth.com